Sunday, 6 July 2014

Prom

First and foremost, I apologise for my lack of blogging over the past week or so, and for the photo overload on this post #sorrynotsorry.

Prom was perfect! I loved every minute of it and I owe it all to the wonderful people with whom I shared the experience with. Because I loved the night and loved the people so much that I have to share it all.  Everyone looked amazing and the whole night was so much fun. Thank you to everyone who made the night so special! I want to do the whole thing over again!


This was my dress from dylanqueen.co.uk, and although it was a bit of a risk buying online, I am so pleased with how it looked on the night.
I had tried on so many different dresses in so many different shops but none were exactly to my liking. Once I had established what did and didn't look good on me I set out to Manchester with a certain dress in mind, but every one I tried on was either the wrong colour or shape. So in March I decided I had to settle on a dress or I would keep changing my mind and the fact that one of my options had gone out of stock gave me the little push I needed to buy my dress. Although it isn't clear in the picture, my dress had a silver halter which wasn't what I originally wanted but I kept an open mind and I grew fonder of it every time I tried it on!
My bag was from Aldo and my shoes were from New Look, everything I bought is explained in more detail in my prom shopping video on my channel.


I bought all of my jewellery from the Jon Richards collection in Debenhams, apart from my mum's gorgeous engagement ring which she so kindly let me wear as long as I never took it off!


My friends and I (left to right: Erin, Lucy, Aisha, me and Emily) travelled to prom in a split screen VW camper van that had been 'pimped out' for prom as the driver put it. 

When we arrived we met up with our friends Aniqah and Lauren (bottom left and centre) as they had already planned transport before we had.


I had my hair done at Be Beautiful salon and I loved how friendly and attentive the staff were, my hair looked great and I got 103 grips out of it, so all's well that ends well! I did my own makeup which was quite a big risk considering the fact that a year ago I couldn't even apply foundation evenly. I think that it turned out quite well and there should be a get ready with me video on my YouTube channel soon.


These girls in particular made my night worthwhile, minus Lucy because she was probably faffing around with something or other. We’ve become so close over the past few years and I honestly couldn’t ask for a better group of friends, even if they're all a head shorter than me in this picture. They’ve certainly tried to make me see the better side of school and I’ll miss our breaks together so much. The group is pretty much being split in half in terms of us going to different colleges in September but I really hope we'll stay close forever.


There was a bit of a high neck, red dress theme going on for the physics table gals! Hannah, Louise and I have grown so close over the past two years during physics lessons, I certainly owe these two for any scrap of skill I have in that subject because I'm useless when it comes to the whole space radiation thing.


I'll definitely miss not seeing this face everyday! Jess and I have been through thick and thin over the past 12 years, and even though we're no longer chubby little 8 year olds sliding down my stairs on trays, we've still had some great times together and I hope that we will continue to despite us going our separate ways.


The same goes for the beautiful Sian whom I have also been great friends with for 12 years! I'm going to hate not constantly seeing this adorable little face, but we have already made plans for a night of Criminal Minds marathoning.

My faves Erin and Lucy again! Thankfully we're all going to the same college so I'll still get to see these gorgeous faces everyday.
Of course all of the boys looked very smart in their suits, but they were all too embarrassed to let me post any pictures of them on the blog.


All the credit for me being able to construct a half decent sentence goes to my English teacher Mr Stringfellow! I'll definitely miss English, even if I was always picked to read in class (I'm not even joking, I had to read every lesson).


I couldn't write a prom post without mentioning the teacher who has been there for me for the past five years. I'm going to miss drama with Keller a hell of a lot more than most of my other subjects (no offence to any of my other teachers if any of you happen to be blog readers), she is the person who taught me that being myself shouldn't be a bad thing and that I am capable of a lot more than I realise. In case anyone is interested, I'm going to continue in my dramatic endeavours and there has been talk of me returning to help backstage with next years show!

Thank you so much to all my teachers, you’ve all been wonderful!  Sorry I couldn’t get pictures of everyone but I didn't want to go full on photo mad in this post. I could go on posting a gazillion pictures but I’d probably best stop now. Sorry about the major overuse of exclamation marks too, but my face hurt from smiling so much and I think they convey that pretty well.
And of course the after prom party was fab. I had a few friends over to mine and we burned our most hated subject books and in the process, almost set fire to my garden!

Until a few weeks ago I’d been eagerly awaiting the day my exams finished, but of course their end also brings the end of my time at high school. Thanks everyone for making it such an all round great experience!


Charlotte x