Sunday, 1 June 2014

May Favourites

I actually wrote this post two days ago but with my luck it never published and then deleted itself, so I'm going to share a few of my May favourites (in June - shocker!).

Cosmetics
In the new year I made a resolution to add more colour to my wardrobe and my face. In order to do that I've been wearing a lot more lipstick, mainly The Damned from the Topshop collection which I mentioned in my Makeup Reviews post. 
I've also been loving Soap & Glory's black kohl liner, which I've been using very frequently this month, it's easy to apply and lasts all day which I adore. Soap & Glory have always been in my good books as they produce great quality products that smell gorgeous like their Daily Smooth body lotion, which I have also used a lot of this month.
 
Clothing
This month, like every month, I've been loving the clothing website boohoo.com, which I received an order from last week (I'm currently filming a haul which will soon be on my youtube channel). For anyone who's not heard of boohoo, I suggest you give it a look because you can find almost anything you need on there.
I've also been in awe of this beautiful Miss Selfridge playsuit (pictured above) that I bought at the end of April but have been wearing repeatedly this month for any opportunity that was given to me.

Music
Anyone who knows me personally will be aware of my obsession with HAIM, an American girl band (and when I say band I mean they play their own instruments, not sing along to backing tracks). Their album 'Days Are Gone' consists of a majority of fast paced upbeat tracks with a few slightly slower, more emotional songs in the mix. My personal favourite is 'Falling', it's so uplifting and the rhythm makes you want to get up and dance, even if you're at school, which my friends have caught me doing a few times.
A slightly more obscure music choice is the Liverpool Philharmonic Orchestra, whom I went to see at the beginning of the month for GCSE Music trip. I found it fascinating to see how each section worked with one another, and being a violin player myself, I took extreme delight in watching the string section and turning to my fellow musicians to whisper "I played this song for my grade 5 exam" which I now realise was incredibly nerdy of me.

Random
Again, being a complete and utter nerd, I must confess my admiration for the myGCSEscience man, mainly because I owe my understanding of chemistry to him due to the fact that I have had a year of chemistry substitute teachers so haven't learnt much in class. I seriously don't know what I would have done without him (probably curled up on the floor and cried) and I'm sure year 11 students across the country see him as some sort of god who brought them enlightenment on the subject of titration.

Charlotte x